Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Evan Chavez New Mexico Fan


Evan Chavez New Mexico Fan, originally uploaded by foxsports.
EVAN CHAVEZ

Jim If you need anymore infromation just let me know. If your website needs anything pictures, reports ect. From down here in Albuquerque let me know, I will help anyway I can. Thanks Evan Chavez

1) Talk about your blog, how it started, what was your inspiration to blog?
I am a Dodger fan from Albuquerque New Mexico, and I enjoyed reading Dodger blogs. I always wanted to start a blog but didn't know how I could make my blog different from other blogs. Then in September of 2008 the Dodgers named the Albuquerque Isotopes their Triple-A affiliate.
In November of 2008 I started newmexicofan.blogspot.com. I thought I could bring first hand information about the Dodger prospects playing in Albuquerque, and Dodger information.
My main inspiration for my blog is my love for the Dodgers. When the Dodgers announced their return to Albuquerque in 2008 I was so excited along with many others in Albuquerque. I wanted to show that Albuquerque is a Dodgertown. I want to let Dodger fans know what is going on with the Triple-A team.

2) Talk about the misconceptions people have about blogs/bloggers
Not all bloggers are some crazy guy who second guesses his favorite teams GM. It takes time and work after your real job. It takes attending as many games as possible and lots of research.
3) what are the stereotypes about blogs/bloggers that you dislike the most?
That bloggers are out to write negetive things about teams, players, front office ect. I try to keep everything positive.

 
what advice would you give to someone starting thier own blog?
Go for it! When I started my blog there was a lot of other bloggers who sent me emails telling me to keep on blogging. I hope to pass on the positive input to anyone else who wants to write about their favorite team!
4) Why do you blog? Is it therapy? A release?
I blog to let Dodger fans know what is happening with their Triple-A team, and to share my excitement about the Dodgers.
5) Do you have a day job? What are your hobbies outiside of your blog?
I work about fifty hours a week, sometimes more for a freight company as a driver. I enjoy spending time with my wife. I thank god for blessing me with a wife who puts up with all my baseball blogging stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment