Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Eric Sornoso-Former Trojans Blog USC



TIPS@FORMERTROJANS.COM
Jim,

Here are some of my replies. I'll take pictures of my room which I asked
for question 5. What other type of pictures do you want?
Eric Sornoso
1) Talk about your blog, how it started, what was your inspiration to
blog?
I started my blog in July 2008 after realizing that the majority of USC’s
blogs were simply journalistic in their approach and their wasn’t a blog or
site addressing past and current USC Trojan athletes. I wanted to create a
blog that any USC Trojan fan can visit and find out the latest about any
Former Trojan athlete wherever he maybe in the NFL, NBA, playing basketball
in Europe, etc. I’m also very creative and thought of doing different ideas
for articles that haven’t been addressed by the major Sport’s sites.
2) Talk about the misconceptions people have about blogs/bloggers
People think bloggers are individuals who do take their work serious, but
I beg to differ. Most bloggers are blogging out of pure passion, don’t make
a single dime, and spend countless hours working on a single article.
3) What are the stereotypes about blogs/bloggers that you dislike the
most?
I think the biggest stereotype I dislike about blog and bloggers are
readers who don’t give them a chance. If you find a new blog, read it for a
week before deciding if it’s something that interests you. If you merely
check out the site and leave after ten seconds, is that a creditable




assessment of their whole blog on your part?
4) What advice would you give to someone starting their own blog?
Don’t think too much about it and start it. Be creative, have fun, and
take risks.
5) Why do you blog? Is it therapy? A release?
I love sports, and grew up watching and going to USC’s games. I started
these walls when I was 13 year’s old and continue to add pictures till I
was 19. By looking at wall, you can sense how much an influence sport has
been on my life.
6) Do you have a day job?
Yes, I work as a substitute teacher, and I’m a freelance Social Media
Consultant where I work with a brand or product, manage their online
presents, and figure out a method to promote it online.
What are your hobbies outside of your blog?
I love technology and how it emerges and influences into society. For
example, what’s going to happen to print media? With the rapid decrease of
newspaper and magazine is a paid subscription model the accurate solution?
I still continue to play sports where I cycle, run, and play soccer.
7) What makes your blog better than other blogs for your team?
It brings a different dimension to USC’s sports that is not seen in ESPN,
SI, etc..

No comments:

Post a Comment