Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Adam Brady Ducks Blog www.anaheimducks.com


ADAM BRADY@ANAHEIMDUCKS.COM

Jim – Thanks for the opportunity and I'm happy to take part:

1) Talk about your blog, how it started, what was your inspiration to blog?
Ducks Blog appears on the Anaheim Ducks' official website (anaheimducks.com) and focuses on the latest with the Ducks and the game of hockey overall (with some occasional pop culture thrown in). It's written from the unique perspective of a fan who is also a team staffer, with kind of an entertaining and (hopefully) humorous tilt to it.

It actually started around the spring of 2007 when I started traveling with the team during the Stanley Cup Playoffs in my role as website guy for the Ducks. I wanted something that would legitimize my traveling with the team, so I started writing about what was going on with the team on the road, took pictures on the plane, in airports, in hotels, etc. Anyway, that went on for awhile since the Ducks won the Cup that year, and the blog caught on with the fans. I was asked when the season ended, and 2 1/2 years later, it still is.

2) Talk about the misconceptions people have about blogs/bloggers
There is a misconception with bloggers that they don't usually let the facts get in the way of a good story, that they're not reliable sources of news, that they don't necessarily cover their subjects face to face can get in the way of responsible journalism. And in many ways, and with many bloggers, that is true. At the same time, there are thousands that are just as responsible and reliable as any other forms of journalism (web or otherwise) out there. I think bloggers are slowly gaining more and more respect, but it will take awhile.

3) what are the stereotypes about blogs/bloggers that you dislike the most?
Again, that they're not responsible journalists, that they're not real writers.





4) What advice would you give to someone starting their own blog?
To write as often as possible.

5) Why do you blog? Is it therapy? A release?
Well, it's part of my job. But writing is one of the few things I think I do well, so I almost feel personally obligated to flex that muscle as often as possible. I also feel like a link between the team and the fans, so I enjoy providing that to them as often as possible.

7) Do you have a day job? What are your hobbies outiside of your blog?
Yes, my day job is Director of Publications & New Media for the Ducks and Honda Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment